I believe that what sets me apart as a physician is my experience and training at the world-renowned National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine in Denver. We treated patients with the most severe cases of asthma from all around the country. That experience refined my skills as a doctor and trained me to deal with all ages in treating asthma, allergy and sinus problems.I get my greatest satisfaction as a doctor from helping patients with poorly controlled asthma to lead normal lives. I believe in taking the time to educ my patients so they feel empowered to take control of their condition. If Olympic athletes can compete successfully while managing their breathing problems, I tell my patients there’s no limit to what they can do, as well.
Board-Certified: American Board of Allergy and Immunology, 1989 (recertified 1999 and 2009); American Board of Pediatrics, 1985
American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Fellowship: Allergy/Immunology Vernon Dale Fellow, 1987?1989, National Jewish Center for Immunology and Respiratory Medicine, University of Colorado, Denver, CO
Pediatrics, Columbus Hospital, Chicago, IL
Senior Intern in Internal Medicine, Senior Intern in Pediatrics, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, India (earned University Gold Medal for graduating top of class)
American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
Consulting Allergist, Tutor, Columbus Hospital, Chicago, IL, 1989?2000; Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, University of Health Sciences, Kansas City, MO, 1985?1987; currently teaches at Rush-Copley Hospital, Aurora, IL
Dr. Mohiuddin has conducted research into why asthma gets worse at night and has been published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Post-Extubation Atelectasis—It?s Association with Pneumothorax?
- Presented at the Great Lakes Perinatal Meeting
- Atropine Methyl Nitrate in the Treatment of Nocturnal Asthma
- Presented at the annual meeting of the American College of Asthma
- Allergy and Immunology, Los Angeles, CA; November, 1989
- Ureaplasma Urealyticum Osteomyelitis in Patient with Congenital Hypogammaglobulinemia
- JACI 1991; 87:104-7
- Presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Allergy and Immunology, San Antonio, TX; Circadian Rhythm of the Late Asthmatic Response
- Presented at the annual meeting of the American Thoracic Society Cincinnati, OH: May 1989
Chapter on Immunotherapy in Allergic Rhinitis in the textbook Childhood Rhinitis and Sinusitis, Edited by Charles Naspitz and David Tinkelman, 1990