Dr. Mirza grew up in Chicago and completed her undergraduate degree at Northwestern University. She received her medical degree from Rush University and completed her Internal Medicine residency at Rush University Medical Center. She went on to finish her Allergy and Immunology fellowship at the University of Iowa. She is an experienced and attentive allergist caring for the Western Suburbs of Chicago. She loves children and has extensive training in asthma, eczema, environmental allergies, food allergies, immunodeficiency, and other allergic conditions. Dr. Mirza is Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Allergy & Immunology. She also is a member of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI) and the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology. Her research has been published by the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology , Rush University Research Forum and NeuroImage.
Dr. Mirza enjoys reading, traveling and spending time with family and friends. She is fluent in English, Hindi, and Urdu. Dr. Mirza is devoted to ensuring the longevity of her patients’ health and developing long-lasting relationships with them. She takes her time to understand symptoms and give correct diagnoses to ensure the continued health of all her patients.
- Undergraduate: Northwestern University
- Medical School: Rush University
- Internal Medicine Residency: Rush University Medical Center
- Allergy Immunology Fellowship: University of Iowa
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Allergy Immunology
- Professional Affiliations:
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma Immunology
- American College of Allergy Asthma Immunology
- Clinical Immunology Society
- World Allergy Organization
- Mirza F, Phillips T, Henry M, Fasano MB. Newborn Screening for Severe Combined Immunodeficiency in Iowa: TREC Assay Results and Characteristics of SCID and T-cell Lymphopenia. The American Academy of Allergy and Asthma: February 2014. Poster presentation.
- Mosnaim GS, Hong L, Damitz M, Sharp LK, Zhengyun L, Talati A, Mirza F, Richardson D, Rachelefsky G, Africk J, Powell LH. Evaluation of Fight Asthma Now (FAN) Program to improve Asthma Knowledge in Urban Youth and Teenagers. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology. 2011 Oct 107 (4):310-316
- Mirza F, Rossi-Foulkes R, Stuhr J, Pripstein J. Patient Perceived Barriers in Initiating treatment of Mental Health in a Primary Care Setting. Rush University Research Forum: April 2006. Poster presentation.
- Skosnik PD, Mirza F, Gitelman DR, Parrish TB, Mesulam MM, Reber PJ. Neural Correlates of Artificial Grammar Learning. Neuroimage. 2002 Nov;17(3):1306-14.