Providing relief to patients who have struggled with allergic disease is what drives me to be at the forefront of our field. I trained in an environment where we saw the most challenging cases of atopic dermatitis (eczema), asthma, food allergies, and other allergic conditions in patients from all around the world. I was mentored by world renowned allergists, at National Jewish Health, who have written many of the guidelines we follow today. And despite being surrounded by the most advanced diagnostics and minds, I learned that spending time with the patient educating them about their disease and the treatments, ensuring proper technique, is what most often leads to drastic improvements in their quality of life. My goal is that every patient leaves our office feeling empowered and involved in the decision making process of their health with no questions unanswered. I especially look forward to treating the most challenging cases in patients who have suffered too long with no relief despite multiple doctor visits.
- Undergraduate: Benedictine University August 2000-June 2004
- Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin August 2004-June 2008
- Pediatric Internship: Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin July 2008-June 2009
- Pediatric Residency: Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin July 2009-June 2011
- Pediatric Allergy Immunology Fellowship: National Jewish Health July 2011-June 2013
- American Academy of Pediatrics 2011
- American Board of Allergy Immunology 2013
- Professional Affiliations:
- American Academy of Allergy Asthma Immunology
- American College of Allergy Asthma Immunology
- Clinical Immunology Society
- World Allergy Organization
- Asthma deaths outside the hospital in an urban community from 2004 to 2008. Mohiuddin M, Zacharisen MC, Poulos C, Levy MB. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2012 Jun;108(6):412-7.
- Respiratory health effects of air pollution : Update on biomass smoke and traffic pollution. CME questions. Mohiuddin M, Cleveland C, Monteforte S, Abbott J, Szefler S. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2012 Jan;129(1):12-13.
- Clinical phenotypes of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma: Recent advances. CME questions Mohiuddin M, Cleveland C, Santos C, Sabry A, Szefler S. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2013 March;131(3):636-645.
- Diagnosis and evaluation of primary panhypogammaglobulinemia: A molecular and genetic challenge. Maaz S. Mohiuddin, MD, Jordan Abbott, MD, Nicholas Hubbard, BS, Troy R. Torgerson, MD, PhD, Hans D. Ochs, MD, and Erwin W. Gelfand, MD. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2013;131(6):1717-1718.e6.
- A Novel BTK Mutation with Normal Sequencing of Genomic DNA. Mohiuddin M, Abbott J, Hubbard N, Torgerson T, Ochs H, Gelfand E. Abstract and Poster Presentation ACAAI 2012.
- Poor dilutional linearity of food allergen specific IgE measurement by ImmunoCAP in samples with high total IgE. O’Sullivan M, Ridge C, Merkel P, Mohiuddin M, Leung D, Nagabhushanam V. Abstract and Poster Presentation WAO 2012.
- Increased prevalence of compound heterozygous filaggrin mutations in severe atopic dermatitis in the United States. Mohiuddin M, Ramamoorthy P, Reynolds P, Leung D. Abstract and Featured Poster presentation AAAAI 2013.
- Evaluation of a Functional Basophil Activation Test for the Diagnosis of Allergy. Patricia Merkel MS, Michael O’Sullivan MBBS, Maaz Mohiuddin MD, Donald Leung MD, PhD, and Vijaya Knight MD, PhD. Abstract and Poster Presentation MOOR conference
- Increased Compound Hetrozygous Filaggrin Mutations in Severe Atopic Dermatitis in the US. Mohiuddin M, Ramamoorthy P, Reynolds P, Curran-Everett D, Leung D. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology: in Practice. 131.2 (2013): AB142.
- A Familial study of Filaggrin Mutation in Atopic Dermatitis. Mohiuddin M, Curran-Everett D, Leung D. Annals of Allergy Asthma and Immunology. 2013 Oct;111(4):302-304.e1.
- Vitamin D and Food Allergy. Mohiuddin, Curran-Everett D, Leung D. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2013 Oct;132(4):1011.
- Winner for the Clinical and Translational Section Abstract Competition for the 2013 MOOR Retreat